Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What about these Webquests?

I think that webquests would be a very useful tool for an elementary classroom.  During the elementary grades students are discovering the world of technology at home, but introducing students to technology in a classroom setting is a perfect way to inform students of what the web has to offer.  What I like about webquests is that students are given options, but at the same time the options are very specific, therefore students will not get lost on the web.  Another thing I like about webquests is the collaboration aspect.  Students can work together to learn all about a topic, but they are learning from each other, and each student has a responsibility to fulfill.  A negative thing about a webquest is that some students do not have access to a computer at home, therefore all time would have to be set aside for webquest activities each day, however, I think that students would look forward to working on their webquest projects within the classroom.
I could defiantly see myself using a webquest in my future classroom.  I think that webquests are a great way to show students how useful the web can be to them and it would give students a break from the ordinary day where pencil and paper are constantly used.  If someone were to ask me, "what about these webquests?" I would defiantly say they are a great way to engage students into the web world and are great tools for collaboration in the classroom--I am defiantly an advocate for webquests in the classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment