Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Scavenger Hunt

I think that the scavenger hunt is a great way to test our technological skills.  My scavenger hunt topic was shapes--some of which were difficult to find!  This was a difficult project, but it really made me feel comfortable using different tools and applications involving technology.  The first thing we had to do was go and find shapes throughout the campus, then those pictures were uploaded onto the computer and emailed to each person in the group.  The next thing I did was save the pictures on my desktop and then uploaded them into Picasa (an online photo sharing tool).  I thought that Picasa was a difficult tool to use, and I don't think I would ever use it within my classroom.  Then I created  a Google presentation with my pictures which was a very easy tool to use.  The next step was to embed the Picasa slideshow and the Google presentation to my website.  This project took a lot of work but I really learned a lot from it!
This is an activity that I would really like to use in my future classroom.  I think that students would have fun working together to find shapes within the world around them.  I also really like the idea of using Google documents and Google presentation to share the work the students have created.  Altogether, I really enjoyed this project and think I will do something very similar to it in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment