Monday, November 5, 2012

Interactive Whiteboard in the Classroom

When I was in high school interactive whiteboards were only beginning to enter the classroom.  As a student only one of my classes had a interactive whiteboard, but the board was not used to its fullest potential.  My teacher was not very familiar with the technology and therefore it was a really big distraction to me and other students.  Our teacher would spend half of the class trying to get the board to work, and when it did work the teacher only used the board as if it were a regular whiteboard--the interactive part was not really in the picture. 
The only other time I have seen the interactive whiteboard used in a classroom has been in my technology class here at the University of Tennessee.  The board is a great way to navigate the internet during class and a fun way for students to interact during class. 
In high school I had decided I would never use an interactive whiteboard in my future classroom, but now that I have seen the technology successfully at work and have had a lot of practice with it, I will certainly use this kind of technology within my classroom one day--effectively! 

No comments:

Post a Comment